Monday, November 27, 2006

Hong Kong Films


Saejin and I went to watch The Departed yesterday and I loved it. Three of the four main stars in the movie are my favorite actors and I'd heard about the Hong Kong version which I wanted to see so there was little chance of my not liking the film. Like usual, I screamed out loud like a girl whose been run over by a car and squirmed in my seat trying to escape the tense or gorry moments. After the film Saejin asked me to try and control myself in the theatre but it's impossible. When I watch at home I have no troubles getting through a movie without much movement but in the theatre I get freaked out.

That's why I love going to the movies so much. Besides in Korea it's still affordable and convenient. The tickets were just over seven dollars each and my large coke (the small size back home) cost a mere 2 bucks. We pre-bought the tickets on-line and picked out exactly where we wanted to sit (all seats are assigned). For even more ease, and because I don't use credit cards, I was able to charge the tickets to my cellphone bill.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

I thought this was a cool film too, apart from the end. It was all too tidy (allbeit in a very untidy, bloodbath kinda way).

Still, I agree with you. Such a cool cast - it couldn't really go far wrong. Some of my faves too.