Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Favorite Season




I love autumn but fall is also pretty good. The reason I love it so much is because on any given day in fall you can have any kind of weather. This morning it felt like a cool summer day before the clouds blacked out the skies and hammered the school yard with rain. Fast forward an hour and winds blew the sky clear again before bringing in the fluffy clouds that they make toilet paper with. This prompted me to bring out my camera.

The first picture is from my classroom looking out on the gardens in front of the school. The second picture shows the lunchroom next to the garden which is in a separate building we get to by walking under the green covering. (Come winter I'll be sprinting my way there.)




These third and forth pictures are what face the back side of the school and the view from my desk. This is some of the "countryside" that I am in. Further away from Seoul is where the real country side is but my paycheck gives me a hundred bucks more a month by calling this the country side so I'm not complaining. The black building in the corner are green houses that have been covered with a type of insulation and are now a pet shop.



This final picture is when I zoomed in on the locals and caught them busily farming away. They are picking Korean cabbage from the field next to their place. I'm sure later this week they will be selling it at the market down the road for next to nothing. It's during fall that Koreans (the female kind) get down to making a ton of Kimchi from this cabbage and store it for the winter. Many families have special fridges that are designed to keep the stuff at an ideal temperature.

No comments: