Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Busy Week

This week I'll hardly be at school. I'll still be "working" but just from other places. Today at lunch I'm off to another school to take part in a camp there. This school is also in the boondocks but has a special wing to it where students from other schools in the city come to "camp". On the second day of camp the afternoon is the English time and I just have to lead them through some games. It's easy work and I get extra days off this summer by working it.

On Thursday and Friday I'm also off campus but this time to watch other foreign teachers teaching. Open classes are awkward to teach and to watch. The kids act way better than normal putting on a big show for the supervisors, principal and other English teachers. The object of these classes are to share ideas and feedback. Most of the teachers watching are nice about it and try to take away some good ideas then we pass on suggestions in a positive way. This year there is a meat head teaching in the system and he uses this time to talk about himself. Last time his partner teacher (a Korean) was trying to hide under the table each and every time he talked. As I love watching dumb people talk I'm looking forward to the classes. They will end off the week nicely.

No comments: