Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Playing Pool with the Principal

Last week during a random "chicken" party, the Principal asked me to join him and a couple of other teachers to play pool. I committed with a weak maybe but he smelt the waffling of my words as they left my mouth. He called me on it, first with a disgusted, "Maybe?" and then a stronger I'm your boss tone of, "Yes!" So tonight (on the eve of a mid week holiday) we are off to play a game of pool I've never played. There are no pockets and yet it's not a billiards table and there are only four balls. Koreans love this game and I've watched others play but never figured out all the rules. I'm sure at some point they will vaguely get passed on to me but it won't matter. I'm shit at any sport requiring a stick.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

you may be useless at sports with a stick, but you are a guy, which means you're naturally gifted with balls...