Thursday, June 21, 2007

Facebook

The last few weeks work has been "busy". I use that term loosely as admitidly I have a lot of free time but lately that slice of pie has been gobbled up by camps, open classes, TV/movies and a website called Facebook. My initial reaction to facebook was one of utter disgust. Collecting "friends" and using a website to manage them sounded like a horrible invention. I snubbed it for as long as I could but curiosity did win me over.

One early morning I made up an alias (Joel Otto - my favorite Flame player from the late 80s) and went out to see what was out there. At first it was a little scary seeing the names and pictures of people I want nothing to do with. But eventually I found more people I used to be friends with and simple moved on from that I'd love to hear from again. I rejoined the website with my real name but working under two strict conditions. 1- I'd never join a facebook group and 2- I'd never request a friend, people will have to find me. So far it's worked out nicely but it leaves updating my blog as a secondary thing.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

don't leave your blog...

I'd miss my regular little slice of Korean quirky!