Monday, June 25, 2007

A Near Nightmare Scenario

This morning I arrived at school to find my stuff piled up in the hall covered in a thick blanket of dust from the construction taking place. The "uncle" of the school (we'd call him a janitor but a janitor who doesn't clean- the kids do that) used the fifth grade students as mules to transport my stuff down to the first floor. I'm now taking up space in the far corner of the Special Ed class. It's a whole lot quieter here as there are only three kids in the program (I'd like to add a fourth but his mom won't let me). The kids were surprised to see my desk there and Song Lee was her usual self peppering me with questions, most coming while her teacher was teaching.

I spent the bulk of my time reorganized my stuff into manageable places all the while thinking about my computer. Until three thirty today I had a computer that held no power and worse no Internet connection. I was forced to read all morning between class and this lead me to silently cursing in my head as I imagining a whole month of this. Admittedly I wasn't seeing any positives in being computer less and may or may not of been snappy with some students. After my final class of the day I came into the Special Ed room and my computer was alive with Yahoo.com begging me to log in. It was a beautiful sight.

No comments: