Monday, February 12, 2007

A Day in December

My school computer hates me. It hates the pictures I take and simply refuses to read them from my camera's memory card. It's annoying, but I don't hate my computer. How can I when we spend so much quality time together. Today I had only one class and a lot of free time.

These are some pictures I have been meaning to upload since December when I went to Insadong to load up on Christmas presents. Insadong is one of Seoul's busiest touristy places. It's a tiny road that gets flooded with people on the weekends who want to shop, visit art galleries or settle in at one of the many tea houses. I love the feel of the area and because almost everyone walks down the street with a camera in hand.

These first pictures are from the beginning of the street where performers act out different traditional Korean customs. Today it was a wedding ceremony. (On other days it's been a court ceremony where the prisoner is sent to jail and I also seen dancers with long ribbons attached to their hats gyrating about).

There was a small tent set up for a lady to play music from while another showed off her linguistic abilities explaining what was happening in Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese.

Further down the road there is a huge new complex that has been built to house even more shops. It's a cool building that winds upwards and it is always jammed packed. There are a ton of stores in it but they always seem to be empty with a million people window shopping there way to the open roof. These pictures are of an exhibit to honour the traditional Korean artist Andy Warhol.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

hey there. I wish I could be as prepared as you. You always seem to have your camera with you, ready to snap whatever you see. I'm lucky if I can remember my phone and house keys before leaving home every day.
Note to self. Keep camera handy at all times!
Keep up the good work!