Friday, February 23, 2007

Oscar predictions

The Oscars are long, mostly boring and full of people who take themselves far too seriously but it's the only award show that I watch, so here are my predictions:

Best Movie: Little Miss Sunshine (I liked Babel more but don't think others will vote for it).
Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker (not sure why The Last King of Scotland, didn't make it into the best movie catagory).
Actress in a Leading Role: Helen Mirren (made me temperaroly feel sorry for the Queen).
Actor in a Supporting Role:Alan Arkin (old people always win).
Actress in a Supporting Role: Jennifer Hudson (too many foriegners in this catagory, Amercians will choose their own).
Directing: Alejandro González Iñárritu (Babel won't win but this director better win for directing in four different languages).
Best Documentary: Jesus Camp (I only saw three of the five films but loved this one).

2 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

oooh...

can't decide. You're right about the Americans choosing their own tho.

With regard to your earlier post about pizza - have they got a pizza made specially for men somewhere?
Also, if you want arms like Sting, is pizza really a good choice? From your entries of late there seems to be a theme of beer, food and cheeky snacks. I think you should commit to a week of fasting - seeds only!!

Smokingloon said...

Are you telling me beer and pizza are bad for me? You sound a lot like the evil (but wise) Gillian McKeith in recomending seeds.