Friday, February 09, 2007

Spring Like...Not Me

I don't mean to gloat as Mr. Winter slams Canada yet again but the weather here has hints of Miss Spring soon coming. This week is a huge improvement on the frigid cold (-5 to 10) last week gave us. To celebrate the change in weather I've started to jog outside again. My legs ache with pain to prove it. Walking down hills they get all wobbly and I fell like I could fall at any moment. Getting back into shape after two months away from the gym isn't fun. Or pretty. I'm glad the path next to the river is under construction because like most construction sights there is nobody around.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

stick with it and you'll be in shape fairly quick due to muscle memory and all that clever stuff. The pain, however... that's a different story entirely.

I feel your pain - at least a couple of times a week. I don't think I'll ever get used to/enjoy going to the gym...

sigh