Thursday, February 01, 2007

School's Back

The school year is back on and now rounding the corner for it's final leg. The final sprint to graduation on the fourteenth is going to be easy for the kids. They have already written their final exams and the grades and comment sections on report cards are filled in. Their destiny is set.

There really isn't anything left to do at school but mom's in Korea are a powerful lot. Come the second month of my summer holidays the "Mom, I'm bored. What Can I do?" question always sprung. My mom (conveniently) avoided answering this question claiming to not being my entertainment director. Korean moms aren't as evasive, they answer this question by shipping the kids back to school for two weeks, reclaiming their quiet time.

After graduation is the ignorantly called "Chinese New Year" and the kids get another two week vacation. When they return from this it's to a new grade(hopefully).

No comments: