Thursday, February 08, 2007

Road Trip...Ganghwa Island


As the sun set our stomachs began their chorus for food. As a non cooker I was very pleased to see Rachel Lynn, Seajin and Sung Ho step up to take on the task of feeding our hunger.

Here RL and SJ are busily preparing the food we had brought with us. While shopping for the stuff we had a hard time fitting all the food (and drink) into our cart. At the time we thought we had bought too much, but by the end of the trip the only left overs were the liquids. (Not the boozy kind of course we took care of them, but were left with milk, coke and orange juice).

Sung Ho battled the smoke and cold and grilled us some of the finest tasting meat ever.

An Action shot of Sung Ho at work while the vultures (me included) picked away at the cooked meat that came off the grill.

We started with pork while the potatoes and garlic roasted away on top of the coals. Next up were prawns but because I hate seafood I refused to acknowledges their presence.

The baby potatoes were magical and went well with the fried onions RL brought out to us.

The next meat to grace our gullets was chicken breasts.
They tasted amazing but it was around this time that Yun Jeong and I went inside to lay on the heated floors under blankets to thaw out. It really wasn't that cold but I honestly cannot handle cold weather anymore. As I lay down Saejin brought some of the beef they were now working on for me and Yun Jeong to sample. On the hot floors I napped and a half hour later the rest of the crew joined us inside.


We mostly just sat around and enjoyed the beer and conversations that flowed.



We continued to pose ridiculously for photos...that was until the wrestling started. Rachel Lynn was raised by a family of thugs and went around the house challenging people fight.


Admitedly she did win most of the battles. My excuse was that the ring wasn't big enough for me to reach Terminal Velocity (my wrestling identity and killer move).

We drank for a couple more hours having set one o'clock as our bedtime. The Korean girls didn't last as long as the cooks and I but by choosing to sleep next to the table we drank at I know they weren't sleeping well.


The next morning Sj kick started the day by whipping up some spicy kimchi ramien.

No comments: