Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Money



Each time I visit Canada I pause and inspect the colourful new dollar bills I get. Because of my Canadian Studies minor I find something interesting in the symbols that are picked for the bills. In a sad way, it's exciting watching how the new designs evolve.

This feeling hasn't hit me with the new Korean won. These new bills are similar in design but are now a fraction smaller. My friend Jess, will understand immediately how annoying this is. We both compulsively arrange our wallets with similar denominations together and then we make sure the heads stare up at you when you open the wallet. I'm working on a way to set up this new mass of confusion into order but already know it won't work out. I've been swapping the new bills for old ones with my friends but the ATM's are being uncooperative and keep spiting out only the new ones.

No comments: