Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Web of Music

Yesterday night I flicked on the TV and saw the reunited Police starting out the Grammy awards. Immediately I noticed Stings's huge arms and lifted my arms up to the TV screen to compare while making a mental note that I'm a weakling. I also noted that I'm not interested in American Pop music so I turned the show off and went searching for some decent music. I stumbled on this amazing website where you enter a group or musician you enjoy. The site then searches out other groups that have a similar sound or influence. From there you can pick any of the bands and continue your search. I started out with Suede and my music map ended like this:



After a long time of playing around I was suprised by how acurate the whole thing was. I love most of the bands it recomended and came across some bands I've heard about but not really checked out before. Because I know you care, these are the ones I'm going to be downloading soon:
The Stone Roses
Belle and Sebastian
Joy Division
Kaiser Chiefs

3 comments:

Losermagnet said...

Were you able to find any smiths?

Smokingloon said...

Of course, they were one of the first groups to pop up. Why didn't the security guard in Shidae appreciate them as much as Hannah and i?

Anonymous said...

you've now got me addicted to this and this is all I do at work... lol thanks, and I think I've converted other people as well... cause I see webs popping up everywhere at work!