Friday, September 29, 2006

An Amazing Documentary

"The American way of life is simply not sustainable because it doesn't acknowledge that there is a world beyond America." Arundhati Roy

This quote came from a movie I just finished watching. If you have an extra hour on hand (I have many of these) and are bored try watching WE . This documentary based on writings by Arundhati Roy takes a worldly approach to the troubles the world is currently facing.

Arundhati Roy is a great author who wrote The God of Small Things, which is a disturbing but extremely well written novel. (It won the Booker Prize a few years ago). I read this book a couple of years ago and loved it. I have since been trying to find more by her and stumbled upon this movie when I searched her name. This well informed lady knows her stuff. In We Arundhati Roy is giving a speech which has been put to an assortment of violent images and includes some cool music by well known groups. It's a great film.

No comments: