Monday, September 18, 2006

Brawling Koreans

Korea is a safe place but last night I got to watch WWE like action outside my building. I was nicely settled in bed when a jumble of Korean swear words floated in through my window waking me. Usually when you hear Korean swears, macho male posturing is not far behind. 99.9 percent of the time thats all it is, macho male posturing. Being curious I tried hard to find where the action was coming from and found that if I stood on my bed and strained my head out the window I could see.

I saw a man being pinned to the back of a car by another man while down the road three other men were busy blocking an enraged man from rounding the corner. This went on for a solid five minutes and I learnt twelve new swear words. Eventually the crazed man blew past his blockers and ran up to the man pinned to the car for some more pushing and mature name calling. The lonely smart man was now alone in keeping these men apart and did a great job until psycho boy found a random 2x4 and started swinging. His weapon was removed by the charging blockers from down the hill but not until a few good blows echoed up.

Keeping these two soju fuelled men apart went on for a good twenty minutes. Finally the cops showed up and I thought my entertainment was over. Silly me. The cops sat in their car for three minutes before reluctantly checking out what was going on. They talked to the rational men for a couple of minutes before heading back into their car and driving off. I'm not sure what the cops said but it seemed to of worked. Ten minutes later calm returned to the streets behind my place.

No comments: