Friday, September 01, 2006

Dinner with the Devil

A few months ago I showed up at work and one of my kindergarten students was missing. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary until the gossip started filtering into my class from a bunch of the teachers who had heard or seen things.

Turns out my kid Andrew had been mauled at the park by a kid from another class. This bully had pushed Andrew making his tooth puncture his upper lip. Once Andrew's mom saw what happened she brought Andrew into our school and asked that the school's director sort out this problem. When they naturally refused to get involved in an out of school problem. Andrew's mom flipped and left the school.

She went straight to the other kid's house and demanded an apology. The other mom said it was kids just being kids so she couldn't apologize. This crazed Andrew's mom even more and she removed her high heeled shoe and attacked. Her heel caught hold of the other mom's hooped earring and tore it through her earlobe. She forced her way into the apartment and the rumble continued. This was all done in front of the two kids who were now in tears from their parents acting moronic. In the end both moms were ripped up and spotted in bruises. Andrew's mom then came back to the school, collected all his books and pulled him.

Last night I got a call from Andrew asking me if I wanted to have dinner. I like gossip so I said yes.

At dinner we mostly talked through Andrew because her English isn't the best and my Korean stops at chapter 5. Even though we went to a western restaurant I had no choice in my menu. She asked me if I liked steak and ordered me the biggest steak set. I sat there and had salad, soup and pasta while Andrew and his mom watched until their pasta and my steak were brought out.

Eventually Andrew brought up the brawl. His mom tried to muffle him but his story got out and it matched everything I had heard. Korean mom's are very protective of their kids but this one had gone psycho. She then had some nasty things to say about the owner's of my school calling them a money hungry couple who don't like children. I agreed with her points to avoid pissing her off but also because she was telling the truth. We had a nice meal and it was good seeing Andrew again because I never got to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Losermagnet said...

Hey Cammie,
Good to see the blog and see what you've been up to.