Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Need a Hobby

The students are all outside preparing for a festival tomorrow so it looks as if I'll have no classes yet again. The younger kids are doing some sort of traditional dance while the older kids are doing a Gumdo performance (a martial art with a sword). After putting on these shows for the parents they are to play games. Yesterday I got a new white polo shirt to wear with training pants (used and hanging in my classroom) and was told that I will be the photographer tomorrow. I can handle that.

As for today, I'm bored. I've already watched some TV programs, did a few crosswords, played a single game of Sudoku and I have five more hours until I can go home. I'm saving my book until later but there are only 15 pages left in that and I forgot to grab my next book this morning. That leaves me with studying Korean but (obviously) I need to buy a notebook before starting that (I love to procrastinate).

My friend Heidi works for the Seoul Board of Education and has similar days with little to do. Before she used to nag me about how bored she was continually whining, "I need a hobby." Now I see where she was coming from. The old teacher here must have played a lot of computer games because all the kids ask me when I'm at my desk, "What game?" while curiously staring at my computer screen.

No comments: