Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Countdown



Finally. This is my first chance to sit down and relax since my break at work yesterday. Once the bell went at 7:10, I obediently clocked out and headed west by subway 25 minutes to Cheolsan Station. This is where my new apartment is going to be. It's a decent little area with a lot of shops, restaurants and hofs. It reminded me of Bundang where all the shops are concentrated in one area and no cars may enter.

Here I was met by my new "supervisor" Jewel, her husband and her very bored five year old son. I set up the meeting so I could get the address and door code to my new apartment. Walking to the apartment I was impressed with the building it's in. There's a convenient store, dry cleaner, bar and much more just seven floors below me. The hallways are dark and stale but inside the apartment it was clean with a lot of light. There is a lot more closet space and the view is a lot better than the window next door I currently stare into. The one thing I'm not sure about is whether it's as big or nice as the one I'm in now. I love having the open wall that divides my room right now. There's definitely potential for a nice home here so i'll post pictures once it's set up. I will go on Saturday and move things around to make it more cozy. Right now it looks boring.


This Sunday is when Saejin and I will do the heavy lifting so I hurried back home to box up my stuff. Sitting behind me are five boxes, four smaller bags of clothes, three pillows, two Costco Bags full with kitchen and cleaning stuff and a lot of shoes. I figure I need three more boxes to get the rest of the stuff (plants, lamps and bedding) packed up. Doing all this work at night and continually thinking about ways to move things around in the new place made it hard to fall asleep. I was exhausted all day and still had lots of running around to do today. I'll write about it later.

No comments: