Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday's Tremolo #2

The Common Loon has a call named the tremolo. This "insane laughter", voiced rapidly is an alarm that shows agitation or fear of predators or other loons in the neighbourhood. On Sundays, I have chosen to be opinionated and to share news, policies and or laws that agitate and scare me.

I hate racism. It's just proves your ignorance and can't ever be justified. In pop culture it turns out to be a source of entertainment. Mel Gibson let booze pull his true feelings out the other day and he let loose a tirade against the "evil Jews". What a class act from such a "good Christian". I have heard the rumours about Mr. Gibson ever since his Passion movie but I try to see the good in people and I believed his people's spin.

This latest screw up will be hard to recover from. Fox News is trying their best to help this Christian brother but their observation is weak. Turns out that Mel has Israeli friends so his comments don't count. This is simple math. I cannot stand the "I have a gay/black/Asian/American/Alien friend which makes me cool with you" way of reasoning. Knowing one person or even being "tolerant" of a single person means nothing. How many people in a day are you kind to but behind their backs you bitch about?

There are good people and bad people and most people fall in the middle depending on the day. Sure Mel drank to much and had a bad day. Being famous makes his downfall news and the topic of the day but sadly there are people out there that share his feelings and they don't need margaritas to spew their hate. Racism can be stopped if one generation simply stands up to their ones who still believe hate. This isn't being brave, this is being smart. Mel's a dumbass.

No comments: