Monday, October 16, 2006

Darts for Dummies



After Lady in the Water, Saejin and I went to eat some Japanese Ramien in Hongdae. It was still early so we decided to go for a beer and went to "Cocks bar". We had been here before and knew that it had cold beer, played decent music and a lot of empty dart boards lined one wall.

On this night the bar was fairly busy and we got sat in a corner nearest the boards. The boards are all electronic and keep score for you so as long as you hit the board you get points. We watched a couple of games before deciding we could do it. As beginners we choose different strategies though.

Saejin threw the darts as hard as he could while I choose to drink more and let my game mature. In the end we picked up many tips from the poster in the bathroom and both ended up doing alright. We are now hooked on playing 701 and each won an equal amount of games. We will definitely be back. In my mind, this is the best bar invention since Golden Tee sucked loonies out of my pockets with Graham and Eamon.

3 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

Hi there

If you enjoy darts, you should visit the UK. There's a board in every other pub here. I'm pretty bad at it myself but my dad has quite a few trophies.

Smokingloon said...

I'd love to hit a real pub but the dart boards would have to be able to keep track of my score. I'm terrible at math.

Darth Gateau said...

that's true - you do have to work it out yourself as you go along. Hence the games I've played tended to drag on a bit longer than is normal!