Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

Today is test day. All my morning classes have been canceled and I have no afternoon ones which means except for my preppping, I'm all but done for the day and it's only 10:30. Of course they tell me about this test day once I was already here and had prepared for today's classes. So to pass the time I'm downloading the Flames/Leafs game, my copy from Sunday was stuck in slow motion making it unwatchable (unless I sat there for six hours and was stoned). I already know the score but figure I can waste three hours watching the game anyhow.

Yesterday around two o'clock the air raid sirens were given their three month workout to blow the dust out of them. The first time I heard the things, way back in 1875, I was a little surprised and worried. It's very easy to forget that Korea is still at war. But after hearing them wail and watching Koreans ignore them you soon learn they are just an annoying whine. What I found funny was that the teachers continued to teach through the sound as the children clutched their more sensitive ears in pain. This went on for about five minutes but it felt like fifty.

No comments: