Sunday, October 15, 2006

This Weekend in Food





The blooger handbook says that in order to keep a blog active one must write about food. Not because people care but because it's an excuse to post pictures. Friday night I met Saejin in his office and we headed over to Itaewon. We choose an outdoor Korean restaurant and quickly ordered beef. First we had long stripes of fresh beef still attached to the bone fried up on the barbecue. The second picture is a dish that most people would stay clear of, it was a pile of raw beef, with slices of pear and a raw egg on top. It was a little to chewy but yummy.

I didn't take pictures of my other meals but will share them with you (not because you care but) because I love how cheap food and restaurants can be here. I had Vietnamese garlic fried rice, Japanese ramien and a Thai green chicken curry and none of them cost more than seven dollars. There is also no tipping in Korea which makes restaurants affordable.

No comments: