Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Perhaps the Finest Fruit Salad Ever

To get food here at school you line up by budding in front of the hungry kids and have the masked ajumas slop food into the provided circle on your tin tray. Today one of the smaller circles was filled with a fruit salad I can't stop thinking about. It had a very curious mixture of fruit.

The bulk of it was made by a large amount of apple, with bits of it's cousin the pine apple joining in, a few slivers of canned orange, mashed green kiwi and bright red cherry tomatoes added colour. This was smothered in a runny mayo sauce which made the salad taste happening.

But the real party in my mouth was about to take place. As I chewed I could taste raisins exploding while cheap stringy mozerella lay dead on my tongue. I've never seen these two ingredients added to a fruit salad before. I'm a little bit embarrased to say I actually enjoyed it.

No comments: